jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I have been dating this guy for a year and i am ready to commit but he is not re

1. profile image44
    Monet010posted 7 years ago

I have been dating this guy for a year and i am ready to commit but he is not ready to be in a...

relationship, he wants his next relationship to be his wife... do I stick around or do i move on?

2. just1ofmany profile image54
    just1ofmanyposted 7 years ago

After dating a year, I'd say you are already in a relationship. If he doesn't think so . . . I'd definitely consider moving on. If he wants his next "relationship" to be "his wife" and he isn't ready for a relationship with you - guess what he's saying . . . Yep! You guessed it! I don't mean this to be cruel but sometimes we lie to ourselves easier than we do to anyone else. He's obviously stringing you along and you sound like a nice person who doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. Ever read "He's Just Not That Into You"? May I suggest it . . . .

3. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

If he can't commit to you after a year it's time you start looking for someone who can commit and not waste your time. You could end this relationship or continue dating him but let him know you're also open to dating someone else.

4. jamexican profile image59
    jamexicanposted 7 years ago

after a year of dating,i would say you guys are still gettin to know eachother...give it a while longer...you never know maybe he is waiting for something special...dont rush..people who have been together longer than you two have and they end up getting hurt...but sweety its your call