jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If A Couple Were To Drive For 1000 Km, Would It Be Manly For The Man To Share D

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

If A Couple Were To Drive For 1000 Km, Would It Be Manly For The Man To  Share Driving 50/50?

2. aheil profile image61
    aheilposted 7 years ago

No, it would be manly if the manly man took full driving responsibility.

3. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Manly has nothing to do with it.... it is more for safety.  Driving 500 Km is already tiring, unless stopping at rest areas being done appropriately.

4. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

For me, I wouldn't be confident driving so far and so I'd find him more manly if he did the driving. Of course he'd need to have some rest breaks along the way.

5. Super Chef profile image60
    Super Chefposted 7 years ago

Not particulary, you should share the driving responsibilities when deemed neccessary i.e when you start to feel tired you should swap regularly to reduce the effect of fatigue and also to make your journey as safe as possible.

6. profile image50
    meghancsmithnjposted 7 years ago

I say put the woman in control, so she (like, I would, especially according to my husband) won't back seat drive. Although I am sure you may (like my husband would) back seat drive and complain about her driving or tell her where to turn. At least this way, you won't be fumin' mad when you get to your destination! Best of luck to you! That will be an interesting trip. And, if there is no back seat drivers in the car, Definitely share the driving, even if it is just for a break. It shows her that you trust her and don't need to be in control...