jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

how to deal with a long distance relationship?

1. profile image43
    merjposted 7 years ago

how to deal with a long distance relationship?

2. profile image52
    tryoneposted 7 years ago

Many don't work because of the distance and trust issues.

3. prasetio30 profile image77
    prasetio30posted 7 years ago

Keep in touch. Never stop to contact even it for a while. We can use everything to still connected, like facebook, email, chat (Yahoo Messanger), send short message by mobile phone or make a phone call.

4. ng0208 profile image56
    ng0208posted 7 years ago

Communication is key.  My husband is currently deployed and has been gone since last September.  We try to spend as much time with each other on things like Skype as we can.  I also like to leave little e-mail that are simple I love you's or post a comment on his facebook wall just to let him know I'm always thinking of him.  Staying in touch is essential!

5. legendette profile image60
    legendetteposted 7 years ago

for as long as you had your communication with your love ones, long distance relationship is not a big problem .  We had a lot of ways to express our feelings to everyone.. You can use all sorts of social networks and other technology to remain in touch.....

6. brittnib profile image55
    brittnibposted 7 years ago

Thre are many different ways to make it through a long distance relationship, this link offers some helpful advice.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Long-Distance-R … ful-Advice

7. The Suburban Poet profile image82
    The Suburban Poetposted 7 years ago

Communication is key... it certainly helps if you are right for each other... a long distance relationship can actually be easier to maintain than a "local" one because you don't have time to argue. You spend all your time in rediscovery mode and are happy to see them and sad to leave. You build up the fantasy and longing in the interim and then rush into each others arms. There are times of loneliness and wistfulness as you see other couples together while you are apart but it may be that you are thriving on an intensity level that is long-term in nature.

The danger is that this intensity may be an artificial stimulant because you think that is the way the two of you are when in fact it is the distance that is providing the emotional depth.... once together you have to guard against a natural let down...

working