jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

how to handle this bf situation???

1. dakotarae profile image52
    dakotaraeposted 7 years ago

how to handle this bf situation???

we have been going out for 6 monts now, we always bicker, and fight, we love each other, were trying everything to keep it going and alive,but we always fight and we live an hour away we dont wan to brake up....at alll.. it seems like the fighting is usually over dumb little thing that turn into bigger things cus we say things we don't mean then  it just becomes a mess, and i am lost on how to handle it and what to do. he said give some space please and i am going to do that, it's just extremely hard not to text him, because I dont know what he;s thinking or doing, or how he is feeling?

2. profile image43
    NTerao61@msn.composted 7 years ago

If you are under 25, I would move on.  Work on your education or career.   Find happiness in yourself  as you won't find it in someone else.

3. FduToit profile image67
    FduToitposted 7 years ago

There seems to be a problem with how the two of you relate and communicate with each other. But, it's something you can both work on.

Try this... Tell him how you FEEL about certain things. For example, if he wants more space you can say this: "I hear you that you want more space and I respect your wishes. But, it does make me feel insecure as I don't know whether you still want to be with me."

When he replies to you try to re-phrase his words into a question to make sure you really understand what he is saying and don't just think you understand. For example, "If I hear you correctly you are saying that you need more space because you FILL IN THE BLANKS. Am I understanding you correctly?"

Good luck!

Francois

4. diabetesreporter profile image79
    diabetesreporterposted 7 years ago

If you can both go for a long period of time without seeing each other and you aren't completely miserable, I would just move on.

I've also noticed that if it gets easier to cope the longer you go without seeing them, then it probably isn't true love. When my wife is out of town, I get more miserable as the amount of time increases. That's real love, IMHO.

working