jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the definition of an Indigo Girl?

1. Mentalist acer profile image60
    Mentalist acerposted 7 years ago

What is the definition of an Indigo Girl?

2. jessicaspeake profile image57
    jessicaspeakeposted 7 years ago

A girl who is blue-violet in appearance wink

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Well, the only Indigo Girls I've ever heard of worked for a cleaning contractor called Indigo where I used to work,  the girls wore T shirts emblazoned with: INDIGO GIRLS.

4. estranged911 profile image65
    estranged911posted 7 years ago

You mean like that girl Violet from Coyote Ugly?

5. Freya Cesare profile image71
    Freya Cesareposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean about Indigo girl but I am familiar with the word Indigo itself.

Usually people will said that Indigo is someone who have extra ability beyond other people usually  have, in feeling, seeing or hearing. The word Indigo have connection to the supernatural phenomenon experiencing by someone in wide area of phenomenon, and people will correlated it with reincarnation or stuff like that, but in my own term it is not what indigo is.

In my opinion, indigo is high sensitivity toward spiritual world which make the person who have it become more aware on vary spiritual activity around us, which is not common for people to be aware of it.

6. profile image60
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

The Indigo Girls are an American folk rock duo, consisting of Amy Ray and Emily Saliers. But what they represent is perhaps more important than their work.
       Both are self-proclaimed lesbians. They champion the causes of lesbian rights, the environment, and rights of the American Indian among other things. They are considered to independent and forward-thinking somewhat reminiscent of the youth of the 1960s.
      So an Indigo girl is someone who is free-thinking, independent, and champions the causes of the underdog. There might be other definitions but this is the only one I'm aware of.