jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think selfishness kills a relationship

1. ek ellis profile image71
    ek ellisposted 7 years ago

Do you think selfishness kills a relationship

2. Origin profile image61
    Originposted 7 years ago

I believe it does in some cases, depending on the degree of selfishness. There are a lot of thick-headed people on the planet, lots and lots of them, and they will do whatever it takes to make themselves happy, even at the expense of others, or even ignoring the others wants and needs.

3. profile image48
    DXBreenposted 7 years ago

Absolutely!  When someone is selfish, they end up not being able to share the basic things to be IN a relationship. They end up ignoring the needs of the other, constantly making thier mate feel slighted and ultimately alone. I am accquianted with a couple, and their relationship is on the rocks because of selfish behaviour and lack of affection. Selfish People don't deserve to be in a relationship...

4. helendanger profile image80
    helendangerposted 7 years ago

Yes. Selfishness in the extreme kills a relationship.  But so does complete selflessness.  Conversely, a little bit of giving and a little bit of taking gives a relationship life.

5. SweetMocha-Monroe profile image76
    SweetMocha-Monroeposted 7 years ago

Most definitely! Compromise is the key to any successful relationship. A selfish person loves only themselves and does not consider other's feelings and will not put anyone else before them. A relationship takes two....selfishness defines "me, myself and I." Therefore, there is no room for anyone else.

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

i think selfishness can kill more than just a relaship

7. MrsABK profile image53
    MrsABKposted 7 years ago

Yes, selfishness destroys the very foundation of a relationship which is a mutual give and take. I live with a most selfish individual and for me at least it has destroyed most of the esteem I once held for this individual.

working