jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is money the most important thing to consider when choosing someone to have a re

1. daledad8 profile image80
    daledad8posted 7 years ago

Is money the most important thing to consider when choosing someone to have a realtionship with?

Is a person's income the deciding factor whether you'll see them or not?

2. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Personally no, not at all...and I also strongly believe that anyone who makes it a deciding factor is likely looking forward to a life of heartache and incompatible relationships. Yes, people can get lucky and find someone who's perfectly compatible to them in what they consider an acceptable income range, but that's certainly more the exception than the rule if you make money a deciding factor. By putting money first, or required along with certain personality characteristics, you are deciding that money is more important than people and, therefore, probably shouldn't be in a relationship with another person until you can find someone you'd want to be with regardless of income. I am from the US and people from different cultures may have different relationship expectations....and sadly I've met many from this culture who are financially motivated in relationships.

3. Good Guy profile image86
    Good Guyposted 7 years ago

Money is an important consideration, but most people will treat it as a secondary factor; unless the person is going after money and not the person. 

A healthy relationship depends on understanding each other and the ability to be patience with all the faults and idiosyncracies of the partner.  Having money is a bonus!

4. profile image61
    Raheposted 7 years ago

Money is important but it shouldn't be the driving factor in determining who you date or don't date.I am not saying that it shouldn't factor at all on the contrary it should, just as much as anything else in the relationship... read more

5. daledad8 profile image80
    daledad8posted 7 years ago

Money actually should be far down on your list of priorities. There's an old saying: "We ain't got much money, but we're rich with love!". This may sound "pie-in the sky" to many folks; but consider this: When this saying was used more and adhered to more, the divorce rates were tremendously lower than they are now, and that's where your grandparents and some of your parents come from.

6. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I am an optimist but also realistic. I am a young lady and feel that income is NOT the deciding factor for me however, it is important because a lack of money or not seeing eye to eye on financial issues is one of the leading causes of divorce.
    I fully believe that men should also seek women who are independent as well. This is even more important if they want or are going to have children. Any man or woman who has money at the very top or dead last on their lists, either don't have the potential spouse's best interests at heart or their own. Either way...they are not a top pick for marriage.

working