jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why is it that it is always the man who asks to be in a relationship, but he che

1. hattie82 profile image54
    hattie82posted 7 years ago

Why is it that it is always the man who asks to be in a relationship, but he cheats first?

For example, the man that im with now practically begged for a relationship and said he loves me and wants to get married, i found a pair of thongs in the house that wasnt mine and instead of him acting like he want this relationship and being honest and trying to work it out, he just flat out les to my face saying"I dont know where they came from, i didnt cheat on you or have anyone in the house". I thought it was so stupid to even lie when the evidence was found is laying right in front of both of us. So he goes on to keep telling me that he loves me. Funny!

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 7 years ago

Oddly enough, he may not be lying. Do you have your own washing machines? If not, it's possible a woman left a pair in the public dryer and it got in his laundry. If he is cheating, then he should just confess, it's not fair to anyone to lie about it.

3. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

Your evidence is critical but still circumstantial.  You must make a choice to either believe him or not.  If you cannot believe him, then you must move on or forgive him.
    Maybe he wears them himself but is embarrassed to tell you.
    Perhaps you should tell him what your choices are and see if he will help you with your decision.
    Are you prepared for the truth?  Are you able to forgive him?  Are you willing to believe him?   You must come to terms with these issues and then decide what you are going to do.

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

rephrase your question to get rid of the negative stereotyping of men.

5. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

It happens to be true about  some men but not all men. Some of them do it inadvertantly but some advertantly. A person doing it advertantly can not be forgiven and should be sacked as your husband. But for the rest , there is still some hope and room for revival.

6. profile image48
    femguyposted 7 years ago

Maybe it's just the people I know but I would say 4 out of 5 times it is the woman who cheats, then leaves the man. What the hell do I know, I can't even find my thong or know where I left it.

7. MiseryHinata profile image67
    MiseryHinataposted 7 years ago

Not all men cheat first, I know many girls who have cheated on thier boyfriends/fiances/husbands. It's sexist to assume that they all cheat first.

And as others have pointed out, just because you found thongs doesn't mean he's cheating, unless of course there's no other way for them to have gotten into your house. This is just from a third person point of view who doesn't have all the facts.

I realize this is a late comment, I hope that you figured it all out and things are going well.

8. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

While it may be the man who asks to be in a relationship first, it is rarely him who thinks about it first. Anyway, I hope you've worked it out or split up.

working