jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I begin to re-enter the dating scene after age 50

1. profile image47
    joan Hildebrandposted 7 years ago

How do I begin to re-enter the dating scene after age 50

2. yaknowwhat profile image60
    yaknowwhatposted 7 years ago

start by making a profile online , there are many free dating sites . There are also singles groups at churches , and dances in most towns . Good luck !

3. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

Look out for 'Singles' functions and events in your area.  These kind of events are great for meeting new people, and where it's okay to go on your own.  Also try joining a social club such as for Tennis Lessons or Ballroom dancing etc, where you have the posibility of mixing with other singles. Or try online dating.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Some of these other answers have some good points, but I would have to disagree on some points...for one, I don't have any faith at all in dating sites, singles groups, etc. because they're generally peopled by those who are actively looking for someone, and therefore may be trying too hard rather than just relaxing and acting like themselves. However, getting out and socializing is definitely a good thing, whether it be online or offline...go out with some friends, find online communities with like-minded people, etc. and you never know what might happen. I met my 50-year-old husband in online poker where we were both just killing time...neither one of us were looking, and both thought the other was an impossibility, so we were both very open and honest in our friendship, and it quickly turned into more from there.

working