jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

My boyfriend of 2, almost 3 years now is really rushing to get married..

1. profile image46
    annreiposted 7 years ago

My boyfriend of 2, almost 3 years now is really rushing to get married..

young to be married!! Maybe in 3-5 years from now that would be fine.. but we are both barely going into college. (18 and 24 years old.)

I'm a little scared of getting married! Every marriage I have seen has ended up miserable and in divorce, so I feel as if marriage ruins things..

What do I do?! Do I tell him I want to wait? Do I just let him propose when he wants, and make him hold off the actual marriage??  So confused!

2. dgicre profile image80
    dgicreposted 7 years ago

The only person that can really answer this question is you. You will know when your ready. Not every marriage ends in divorce, you should not do anything because someone else wants you to. The time to get married is when you feel it is right and you want to get married as well. There is nothing wrong with waiting a few years and being in a committed relationship. Time has a way of answering the questions and uncertainty you are feeling right now.

3. profile image50
    arcadezeeposted 7 years ago

as dgicre said, You are the only person who can answer this question....

4. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

Don't rush into marriage when you are in doubt, tell him honestly what you feel. I think that slowly, you need to think that every relationship is unique. Marriage is a beautiful experience and don't be scared. Explain to your bf that you love him, but you are not yet ready, and you need to come to terms with your fear of marriage. There is nothing certain in this world, just enjoy it. Good luck.

5. isabellaGanesh profile image55
    isabellaGaneshposted 7 years ago

Follow Your heart