jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

my son-inlaw is a jealous husband to my daughter how can i help her

1. profile image48
    nicky1970posted 7 years ago

my son-inlaw is a jealous husband to my daughter how can i help her

2. urs_dipak profile image58
    urs_dipakposted 7 years ago

I personally feel someone feel jealous, when he/she thinks him self either superior from the comparing person or feel fear about her/his success.

You daughter can trying proving him that her success is totally belongs to her husband, alike in social function start convey in front of all that what ever she is, she is because of her husband.

I know it’s not logical but I feel it will work surely

Good luck

3. Pollyannalana profile image86
    Pollyannalanaposted 7 years ago

Tell her to talk to him and tell him she will not put up with it, if she is not flirty or giving him reason to be jealous she should not put up with that. That is a form of emotional abuse and it is not something anyone wants to live with,nor should they.

4. yvens profile image60
    yvensposted 7 years ago

I agree with Pollyannalana she should not put up with that kind of behaviour, what's next physical abuse!
    I have friends who did put up with jealous men only to find themselves calling the police and eventually separating after the children witness a lot of abuse.
    On the other hand I have also met women how can really drive a man insane; neitherless to say this type of atittude is not acceptable by anyone/any sex!!!

5. svencill profile image60
    svencillposted 7 years ago

I have to tell you that that is a bad situation. It is most definitely emotional abuse. And from personal experience you might want to make sure he's not cheating. A lot of the time when someone in a relationship is not faithful they will accuse their partner or spouse of flirting with others or cheating or even just looking at another person wrong. I was in a relationship like this and it turned out very bad. the more he cheated the worse it got until the emotional abuse eventually became physical. I'm not saying go accusing him of that, and don't say anything to your daughter about it( she'll get angry) but I'd keep an eye on him. Further more, the more you talk disapprovingly about him the longer she will try to put up with him. Be supportive, let her know your there if she needs you, and keep an eye on that, you know what.