jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why does it seem that hurting people's feelings is a most horrible sin?

1. puregrace profile image68
    puregraceposted 7 years ago

Why does it seem that hurting people's feelings is a most horrible sin?

2. darrylcrawford profile image69
    darrylcrawfordposted 7 years ago

We are all spiritual beings whether we are in tune with our higher state of awareness or not. When we hurt someone's feelings I believe we are in the same hurting ourselves to some degree. Many can relate to this by feeling bad after saying or doing something out of character. Some just blindly ignore it.

I for one can relate to this. I will feel bad after I say something that is not true about someone, which is why I tend to speak less and listen and watch more. We are all connected on a higher level of thought and existence, so when we hurt someone we are sending out a signal that we don't love oursleves and we deserve to be punished because of the act or thought we are sending (or have sent) out. It is an invisible boomerang that has to come back at us no matter what we do, good or bad.

3. Flightkeeper profile image71
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

Well if you said something purposefully mean, you should feel bad. I don't know if it's a sin.  But if you didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, I think you're just being thoughtless. Sometimes I'm thoughtless too though but I don't think that's a big sin either.

4. profile image0
    kjchicposted 7 years ago

Because hurt breeds anger which, in turn, spreads like a disease to others.

5. profile image0
    Always Greenerposted 7 years ago

It's not really a horrible 'sin' because some people's feelings get hurt when they don't get exactly what they want from you...and that's just too bad for them, really.

working