jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Ladies, did your sex drive fall off after childbirth, and if so, how long did it

1. pb3131 profile image70
    pb3131posted 7 years ago

Ladies, did your sex drive fall off after childbirth, and if so, how long did it take to come back?

For women who have had children, did you experience a decrease of sex drive after giving birth. If so, approximately how long was it before you got back to your previous level of interest in sex?

2. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

For me, the lack of sex drive only lasted until I'd healed relatively well -- about a month -- before coming back to normal. However, the actual ability to perform at my previous level took about three months because of severe anemia. That said, I'm told my normal drive is a little on the high side anyway, so I won't be surprised if many women take much longer to get back to it.

3. FeniqueS profile image75
    FeniqueSposted 7 years ago

I have giving birth five times (one passed away shortly after birth), had numerous miscarriages.   And after each one my sex drive would disappear.  The time frame was different with each. 

The live births for the first two babies 3 months each.  Also I did not have an appetite for food.  I drank a lot of liquid.

For the third baby no sex drive for 9 months also same with food. But with this one I had found out I had miss carried twice. ( I was fertile a lot) 

After the baby that died, 9 months to a year.  Grieving process on top of what I normally go through after childbirth.

Now the last, that was exactly 3 yrs after.  He is now 18 yrs old.

It was like I was going through a hiatus.  I was so close to my 40's, when I hit 39.  BAMM!  Then for the next 5-7 yrs.  MAN!  I LOVED my 40's decade.  Then it tapered off, for a few years, but is now stable in my beautiful 50's.

I hope this helps for the answer.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I'm wondering why the question is started with, 'ladies' as if men also go through childbirth?  It's as bad as the phrase, 'if a pregnant woman,' presumably men get pregnant too but don't count.

5. profile image0
    kellieshellposted 7 years ago

I think all women are different, some go through depression after childirth and it seems to take longer than others

Closed to reply