jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

how to stay in a marriage after your spouse has an affair

1. profile image46
    justrideposted 7 years ago

how to stay in a marriage after your spouse has an affair

2. cresandsuzanne profile image57
    cresandsuzanneposted 7 years ago

HONESTLY....it is EXTREMELY difficult and MOST marriages do NOT survive an affair.  my mother is a marriage counselor now-but when i was little-she had an affair.  i was so mad and for years i could not understand how my dad could just "forgive" her and "foreget" about it.  the only reason their marriage survived was because :  A. my mother was extremely sorry and spent a good 2-3  years just working at earning back my dad's trust-because she deeply deeply WANTED my dad; and
    B. my father simply gave it to God and forgave her-because he loved her.  But keep in mind, MY parents had already spent years cultivating personal relationships with Christ-on their own-so i believe that is THE ONLY reason they made it.  The rest of us dont always have that to fall back on when it comes to this situation.

3. Rosseilini profile image50
    Rosseiliniposted 7 years ago

Sori l don't see how after been betrayed, would the lies stop maybe if he men't it. I get that everyone deserves a second chance but what if u think all is great he got a girl on the side again do u 4give again and again were will it stop when u have killed yrself inside. How is there life after betrayal please let me know. Have a great day

4. LensMan999 profile image53
    LensMan999posted 7 years ago

Detection of
    an affair may trigger a host of emotions such as shock, anger, disgrace,
    dejection, guilt, remorse. One time you will feel that you should end
    this marriage and the next moment you wish to desperately save it. This
    is true that no... read more

working