jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does simply "living together" children or not cut down on the frequency of sex a

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

Does simply "living together" children or not cut down on the frequency of sex a couple has?

It seems like when a couple lives apart they have sex just about every night they spend together. I once had a relationship with a woman I saw every weekend and one night a week for 4 years! (Tues, Fri, Sat, & Sun).
    She had 3 kids by the way.
    Compared to my marriage or live in relationships the frequency & quality drops dramatically after 6 months to a year of being under the same roof.
    Maybe it was packing an over-night bag that gave it a "vacation sex" feel.
    The person hosting plans meals & activities and the other person is a "guest".  Is it absence making the heart grow fonder? hmmmm

2. wademcmaster profile image70
    wademcmasterposted 7 years ago

Depending on the relationship and the individuals of course, being apart can be make it more of a special thing I guess, and its easy to get comfortable when you live together, and think that you'll see each other tomorrow, because you're too tired, etc.  When you dont live together, its easier to think you may not get the chance to have some again for a few days, you get stuck into it....  But, depends on couple too...

3. Autumn Miller profile image57
    Autumn Millerposted 7 years ago

It is the mindset you have about that relationship. It is not the type of relationship one is in.  Having a "weekender" relationship is exciting.  Anticipation builds between each romantic rendezvous. There is a rush of feelings and thoughts about seeing each other and imagining what you will well... do.  When one is in a steady relationship the mystery of what will happen diminishes because of habit. 

The key is to build this excitement in the steady relationship,  Pack your bags, grab your girl, and head off for a mystery weekend.  Don't forget to pack a special little something you fantasize seeing her in.  However, make sure it is something that she will feel comfortable wearing.

4. Rhonda Waits profile image80
    Rhonda Waitsposted 7 years ago

Children are a gift and they should not cut down on your sex life. The answer is in my opinion be a better time manager. You must have been in the wrong relationship. I have children and sex is still great. They are teenagers. I wish you lick