jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is being cynical or critical of others a good sign? If not why not ? if yes exp

1. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Is being cynical or critical of others a good sign?  If not why not ? if yes explain?

2. Windsweptplains profile image71
    Windsweptplainsposted 7 years ago

Being cynical or critical of others isn't a good sign, in my opinion. People who are like that (myself included, sometimes when I am not in the best of moods) tend to be more judgmental and hard to please. However, being cautious and discerning is a good thing.

3. moush profile image61
    moushposted 7 years ago

I'll be honest, I'm cynical and critical at the same time. Being both doesn't make me any less of a fun person to be around. I'm very judgmental, but I know to keep my opinions to myself, especially when it comes to the negative things I have too say.

I think being cynical or critical is fine as long as you aren't incredibly stubborn to push your opinions onto others. That's what can make you an unlikable person.

It's hard to say if it's "good" or not either. Considering it can dampen your mood sometimes assuming the worst in everything, but it can also keep you strong in cases that do actually go wrong. So it's sort of 50/50 I think.

4. Psalmist4M profile image81
    Psalmist4Mposted 6 years ago

I don't know that everyone at some point displays these traits but honestly I have to admit that I have.

But cynicism or being critical are definitely not good. These traits expose weakness and lack of self confidence because we feel we have to put others down to make ourselves look or feel better/smarter.

Only, the opposite is true, actually, we reveal our own flaws.

working