jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How come people are so critical and judgmental when a woman dates a younger man?

1. SuBin Kim profile image60
    SuBin Kimposted 10 months ago

How come people are so critical and judgmental when a woman dates a younger man?

People see it as normal when a man dates a younger woman, but all of a sudden they become critical when it comes to a woman dating a younger man. I honestly do not get as to why this is, what is so wrong with a woman deciding to date a younger man.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 10 months ago

Men are hard wired, in the biological sense, to date younger women so as to have a fertile mate. It's all about reproduction. So when an older woman is dating a younger man, it goes against what people often see as natural.

But wrong? In this day and age where they let men pretend they are women despite having previously been world class male athletes, no one has any right at all to judge a woman poorly for dating a younger man.

1. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 10 months agoin reply to this

Wes..LOL.It's been much too long since I've told U how much I love U! U have a way w/ words that always grabs my attention.I'll go 1 step beyond UR thought & ask, "R there really still people who even let criticism or judgement bother them??!" NO

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 10 months agoin reply to this

You see the news today where everyone is calling Bradley Manning a woman's name? That is OBSCENE. Why not call everything the exact opposite of what it is then?

3. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 10 months agoin reply to this

Oh Wes..we're encouraged(MORE like DIRECTED)2 respect the decisions & lifestyle choices of all,no matter what.If this dude wears make-up,& renames himself Chelsea, Well, By God, That's who he IS! The national mission of Mass-brain-washing.Not

3. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 10 months ago

Subin....Simply put~ To hell with critics and judges. WHO are they anyway?  We're all quite capable of criticizing and judging, but some of us know better than to prance & strut around, annoying others with our arbitrary decisions & unwanted personal opinions.
    As long as each person involved is of legal age, we may date whom we choose.  Those who have a problem with a situation they have nothing to do with, need to try to find a hobby to keep them busy and OUT of the love lives of others.
    It's actually pretty simple.

1. Au fait profile image94
      Au faitposted 10 months agoin reply to this

My thoughts exactly!

4. Au fait profile image94
    Au faitposted 10 months ago

I dated and married a man 6 years younger than me.  No one ever said anything about it to me.  They probably didn't know he was younger, but who cares what people think anyway?   I figure everyone gets to live their life their own way so long as they're not hurting anybody or breaking the law.

We were together for 11 years before we got married and were married for 19 years before he died.  We had a daughter together.  He had just turned 27 and I was 32 when we met (turned 33 a couple of months later).

Always say that people who have time to worry about what everyone else is doing don't have enough to do themselves.  They need to get a life.

My previous husband, before I met the man 6 years my junior, was 20 years older.  Plenty of people took issue with that age difference I can tell you.  That relationship lasted about 10 years, 8 of which we were married.  So not everyone thinks it's OK for older men to get involved with younger women, and when there's a huge difference people often have a lot to say if only in gossip.

Mary Tyler Moore was married for 34 years to a man 18 years her junior (married 1980 till 2017 when she died).  Mary was 47 when they got married.  He (her widower) is only 61 right now, and she was 80 when she died this year in January.

I remember what a big time people had about Monica Lewinsky being only 24 when she and President Clinton were having an affair.  Yes, lots of people objected to the affair because it was adultery and we like to think our president is above such behavior, but lots of people accused him of robbing the cradle and were as incensed about their age difference (if not more so) as to any other facet of the ordeal.

It's not a common thing for a man to be younger, but it happens a lot more than it used to.  If you're as young as you appear in your picture it's hard to understand why it's even an issue.  I thought today's youth were more enlightened.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 10 months ago

Sadly it's usually (younger women) who frown upon older women dating guys in in their age range. Demi Moore caught a lot of flak for dating/marrying Ashton Kutcher.
    It wasn't (men) in their 40s complaining about it!
    One of the primary differences between men and women is most men (don't care) what other people think about who they're dating. Being called a "dirty old man" or "sugar daddy" means nothing means nothing to most men. Their male friends most likely will envy them. Where as women are hard on women!
    You'll never truly be "free" until you stop observing how other people look at you or taking in what they have to say about you.
    When you (don't care) you're free to live as (you) please.