jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

hey man... I just got terminated from Long Beach Job Corps due to "Sexual Assaul

1. profile image47
    punkedoutofJCposted 7 years ago

hey man... I just got terminated from Long Beach Job Corps due to "Sexual Assault of a Criminal...

Nature" but its completely false! My story matched up with the main witness! She said a completely different story. I was only in there for two months and I want to know if there is a way I can fight this and return to the same center in Long Beach?

2. PaulaHenry1 profile image78
    PaulaHenry1posted 7 years ago

Sounds a bit tricky, but I am assuming that you have a 3 month probation period inwhich they can terminate w/out reason, regardless of the situation. If you feel that strongly or if it is now on your 'record' you may want to consult an attorney.

3. NateSean profile image74
    NateSeanposted 7 years ago

An attorney really has no power in the Job Corps system, since Job Corps is protected by the Federal Government.

On the other hand if you were terminated on the accusation of sexual assault, it may be better to try to go to another center as rumors spread like wildfire in a dry forest in any Job Corps center.

4. HattieMattieMae profile image59
    HattieMattieMaeposted 7 years ago

I would still consult a lawyer if you have been legally charged with something, or don't they have an appeal procedure. Since this a serious accusation I would follow through with it, since it can damage your reputation and other jobs. I would advise to, to never admit you were guilty under any circumstances.  Even if it is federal there should be some kind of law or statue to defend you.

working