jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

How long is too long to go without sex?

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 5 years ago

My experience have taught me that whatever we have to do usually can be done
    so how long is too long........ just take a look around

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7718684_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I would say it depends on many factors. One's age, how strong is one's libido, religious beliefs of course. We are all human, sex can be a beautiful thing. It is only society which has made the act of sex "Taboo."

3. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

That would be dependent upon many factors. However for an under 50 married couple, short of a serious illness or disaster, a week is too long. Sex is good for a relationship in many ways. It is also good for our health and mind.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Only the individual can determine how long is (too long) when it comes to eating, having water, or even sex. Assuming there are no health issues and one has a spouse or suitable mate the only reason I can think of for not having sex is if they refuse to do so. You then have to decide whether or not having no sex is a "deal breaker". Sexual incompatibility often leads to cheating or divorce/breakups. http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/ … ationships

5. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 5 years ago

For some, a lifetime is not long enough; for others, a day is too long.  There is such a wide variation in sexual preferences that there is no normal.  Different people have different levels of sexual drive, so you would hope that when people marry, they are on the same page with their sexual relationship.  Some married couples stop having sex by mutual consent.  When only one partner wants it, they must seek other, hopefully healthy, alternatives for themselves.  Other married people have sex frequently by mutual consent and desire.  I've heard friends say that the longer you go without having sex, the less you desire it, but I haven't personally found that to be true.  It doesn't matter if you're married or not, you don't need a partner to have sex anyway!  If you want it, do something about it!

Darknlovely3436posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with you ... well said

6. Marketing Merit profile image96
    Marketing Meritposted 5 years ago

Depends what you mean by 'sex' and whether or not you are referring to physical or emotional satisfaction.

Couples usually 'make love' whilst singletons 'have sex'!!

There is no right or wrong answer to this.

Our sex drives are all unique to us. They will also vary at different times of our lives, as highlighted in my hub:

http://marketingmerit.hubpages.com/hub/ … ationships

This focuses on cougar dating and the fact that a woman's sex drive tends to peak when she is older whilst a man's tails off. This can lead to relationship problems in couples of a similar age.

As an overarching generalisation, for me It is never too long to go without sex, if you can't be intimate with the 'right' person.

7. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

my hubby says one month is way..................too long. He couldn't tolerate more than 1 week. He will burst! I can wait. I am not in the rush at all. With all the household chores and kids to handle, who can think about that!

8. abbykorinnelee profile image73
    abbykorinneleeposted 5 years ago

If I am in a relationship I want to have a sexual relationship frequently.  If I haven't had sex in a few weeks I question why.  If I am not in a relationship I have reached a point in my life that I don't want it again unless it means something and so a lifetime I would wait.

Darknlovely3436posted 5 years agoin reply to this

meaningful sex is the best...abbykorinnelee

2. abbykorinnelee profile image73
      abbykorinneleeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I realized a couple years ago if it wasn't meaningful it just left me feeling empty and lonely.  So, I will wait:))

9. greencha profile image68
    greenchaposted 5 years ago

Its as short or long as a piece of string

working