jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can one become hated by the person most dear to them, simply by losing a com

1. getting there profile image81
    getting thereposted 7 years ago

How can one become hated by the person most dear to them, simply by losing a commonly held belief?

Why do people sometimes become hateful of their loved ones when the loved one experiences a change in faith or beliefs, but not a change in love or behavior toward the other person? Why are people so invested in the personal beliefs of others?

2. ieifood profile image80
    ieifoodposted 7 years ago

That directly depends on the personality of the person. Some people even like differences in points of view.

Hating someone for having a different opinion on something is not something i support.

Personally, i like to be able to reach an agreement and share similar views on some basic things, other than that i can love someone who likes different music, different food, different vehicles, different countries... etc

3. krishubpages123 profile image32
    krishubpages123posted 7 years ago

men are from mars, women are from vinus, men and women tend to think in different styles but they do not go in sync in fashion, that is the problematic, they are already not sync in thinking, man might always tend to doubt about their spouses, spouses also doubt about their mans, so the think is they have to understand these things and understands each other properly in order to not to give gap in between them, if a small gap can grow bigger if you guys do not take enough steps to stop it or it can be removed fully as well, it is all in the understanding the differences each having, each have to understand others very well, each should think in others shoes then realize it and understand them.

4. kawsar ahmad profile image59
    kawsar ahmadposted 7 years ago

Belief is the core of a person and family and friends are binded because they have the same common beliefs and when one leaves the common bond then he's seen as a traitor because he's gone to another peoples belief system and no longer is a part of what you ascribe to and now they can no longer be associated with you because your associated with something else and they can never get comfortable with whats not a part of them so this creates a divide. Not that they still dont love you but they feel your not a part of their common beliefs anymore so they say things like ' i dont know him anymore' ' how can i love him when i dont know who he is anymore' he's changed' etc

5. donnatru profile image77
    donnatruposted 7 years ago

Several reasons people become hateful, when a friend  changes their beliefs.

Possibly afraid of rejection thinking if beliefs differ one or another will reject the friendship.

Closed minded maybe. Sometimes individuals can't stand it when another person disagrees with them and actulally become unglued about it!

6. Dian'swords4u profile image60
    Dian'swords4uposted 7 years ago

Not knowing what the change in beliefs were, I would expect that this person sees someone who is happier and maybe does not need the support of the other person as much.  This person that is jealous could sense the change and maybe want it, but is not willing to give up on what they have for themselves.  I would hope that the change that was made was that this person asked Jesus into their hearts and now is happy and has a new direction in their life and maybe does not want to do the same things as they once did and this could be the cause for the hatred. If this is the change, then don';t give up on your new found faith and live your life in front of this person in a loving and caring way.  Try to help them to understand that you continue to care for them but that you have Jesus and he is the one you will follow.  Tell them what happened to you and pray for this person daily.  As a Christian you must share your faith with others.

working