jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Which one is better - Love marriage or arranged?

1. vinividivici profile image61
    vinividiviciposted 7 years ago

Which one is better - Love marriage or arranged?

The issue is debatable all over the globe especially in eastern countries where arrange marriage is a tradition. As you read this question which option strikes in your mind first and why?

2. Faeriephenomenon profile image58
    Faeriephenomenonposted 7 years ago

In eastern marriages where the marriage is arranged they believe it is possible to learn to love the person they are to marry.
    I would hate that. I don't really believe there is much of a point in marriage unless you are in love with the person you plan to spend the rest of your days with. In my opinion I think It would be uncomfortable to be married to somebody I  don't really care for.

3. RyanMills1990 profile image54
    RyanMills1990posted 7 years ago

Love marriage because everyone should be able to make there own decision who to marry

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

love marriage is of course better. having to marry someone else because it was arranged , to me , is not right. i would never force someone to marry another person unless they wanted to. what give anyone the right to decide who someone spends their lives with.

5. j.1989student profile image37
    j.1989studentposted 7 years ago

ofcourse arrange marriage atleast in this marriage there is no problem from family

6. internett1t3 profile image58
    internett1t3posted 7 years ago

Love marriage. Everyone of us deserves to be happy and it could be made by our own choices whether is it wrong or right, bad or not as long as we are the one who are taking the risk. Don't let someone dictate you what you are going to do. You have your own lives.

7. vinividivici profile image61
    vinividiviciposted 7 years ago

`I don't really believe there is much of a point in marriage unless you are in love with the person you plan to spend the rest of your days with: Faeriephenomenon'. What a GREAT answer!

8. faria_lupin profile image71
    faria_lupinposted 7 years ago

Love marriage is better by comparing arranged marriage when they are in a relationship they will understand each other if it is a true love and will share everything and they wont behave like a men and women they will think that they both are same like a single person ... so love marriage is more good than arranged marriage

9. Tatjana-Mihaela profile image60
    Tatjana-Mihaelaposted 7 years ago

Arranged marriage is most often pure slavery. Obviously, there are some parts of the world, where women are not fully aware that they are slaves of their families (as j.1989student) or do not have way how to escape.

10. Jay Louidor profile image59
    Jay Louidorposted 7 years ago

A loving marriage would be the choice for me. The simple freedom to choose whom you spend your life with should be decided by you and no other.

11. MythiliK profile image67
    MythiliKposted 7 years ago

Both are better, as long as

1. You are trustworthy to your partner.
    2. You are ready to love for what she / he is and not for what you are going to get benefitted by her / him.
    3. You know the value of forgiving petty issues and not making them big.
    4. You can respect her / his privacy and remain as her/ his best friend for life.

Cheers :-)

12. ananceleste profile image75
    anancelesteposted 6 years ago

I have been married for 18 years. It has not been easy at all, love is a component to any relationship, but we all have asked ourselves this question . To me this a matter of culture and respect.  To each its own. Both alternatives can become a curse or a blessing.

working