jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it easy to start over?

1. ethel smith profile image79
    ethel smithposted 7 years ago

Is it easy to start over?

2. GdessLacey profile image56
    GdessLaceyposted 7 years ago

No, not if it's your first time, not if it's your 20th time. I've seen my mom start over more times than I can count and is having to start over yet again. And she's not sure it's the right decision, because she's scared of having to do it all again.

At the same time I'm having to start over for the first real time on my own, and am scared out of my mind. But I know it's the right thing to do. You just gotta do what is best for you and everyone involved. Some times it's leaving, some times it is staying.

3. b. Malin profile image73
    b. Malinposted 7 years ago
  4. b. Malin profile image73
    b. Malinposted 7 years ago

I agree, from experience, it is never easy to start over.  I did so, many years ago...not so much by my own choice.  I had moved with a husband to a new location, a new state...gave up a political back ground, only to find out that he had someone else.  I had no job, kids were grown, on their own.  But I learned to make my own way...never having to do so from age 19 till then. 

What a growing experience!  Had many jobs, lots of laughs, lots of dating, lots of new friends, finding out who I was...and four years later, I married once again.  It's been a good long marriage....yes, he is my soul mate and friend.

5. Motor leathers profile image56
    Motor leathersposted 7 years ago

It may seem to be hard. But just say the world go to hell and do what you think is necessary.

6. Gypsy48 profile image72
    Gypsy48posted 7 years ago

It is never easy to start over but in the end it might be the best thing you ever did.

7. TheZen ofWriting profile image61
    TheZen ofWritingposted 7 years ago

What is easy?  Utilize your definition of easy and you will have your answer.

working