jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you tell someone that you don't love them anymore?

1. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image78
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 7 years ago

How do you tell someone that you don't love them anymore?

2. Enelle Lamb profile image85
    Enelle Lambposted 7 years ago

That is not an easy thing to tell anybody -  I would suggest as gently and with as little emotion as possible. Let the person know that things have changed and you no longer feel the same way anymore. Don't get into "it's not your fault, it's mine" or "it's not you, it's me" stuff, as that leads down an emotional path of no return. The reasons are probably very obvious, but sometimes the conclusion isn't.

3. keepitnatural profile image73
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

Be straight & honest. People will always appreciate this in the long run, so don't beat about the bush & just come out with it as it is. (It helps to pick the moment, though.)

4. tinaweha profile image65
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

just slip out the back, jack
    make a new plan, stan
    you don't need to be coy, roy
    just hop on the bus, gus
    just drop off the key, lee
    and get yourself free

5. The Earth Goat profile image64
    The Earth Goatposted 7 years ago

Ask them how they feel about the relationship first. You may find that they've been feeling the same way and your relationship is coming to a natural end. If so, you can agree to part as friends.

If your partner is still in love with you, I agree with 'keepitnatural' - be honest about how you feel. It's tempting to sugar coat, but try to avoid fudging your words. It might make you feel better in the short term, but it's more respectful to make a clean break.

working