jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

my boyfriend is 46 and im 22 is that a problem with trying to conceive

1. profile image43
    sherell22posted 7 years ago

my boyfriend is 46 and im 22 is that a problem with trying to conceive

2. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

No, it is ok. You will not have issues with getting pregnant as long as you are still menstruating. As long as you both have don't have problem with fertility, you will get pregnant.

3. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 7 years ago

My father was 60 when I was born, my mother was 38. You'll be ok as long as both of you are healthy. Age should not be a problem. Good luck!

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

Boyfriend, wtf he couldnt find anyone his age?  And why are you trying to have a child with him and he hasn't married you.  This "situation" seems weird and crazy!  Both of you must be using each other, cause nothing about this "relationship" makes sense!

5. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Age has nothing to do with whether or not you can conceive, and health has everything to do with it smile. My husband is 51, I am 24, and our daughter's "official estimated due date" is in 17 days...it took far less time for me to conceive with him than with my (at the time) 24-year-old ex-husband.

As far as boyfriend versus husband, that's obviously each individual's choice whether they want the piece of paper that says they're together or not...that seems to be a pretty silly measure of the relationship as a whole. Welcome to the world of age-gap relationships big_smile.

6. profile image52
    krjc4evaposted 6 years ago

It shouldn't be a problem. Males can reproduce sperm every three months, it's women who typically have problems when they are older with their fertility.

Check out the top reasons couples have trouble conceiving here:

http://www.trying-to-conceive-a-baby.co … ceive.html

And also, this list of 26 top tips to help you conceive:

http://www.trying-to-conceive-a-baby.co … ceive.html

Goodluck with everything!

Baby Dust,