jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you know anyone who married a second time and stayed together? Tips for stay

1. Treasuresofheaven profile image73
    Treasuresofheavenposted 7 years ago

Do you know anyone who married a second time and stayed together?  Tips for staying together?

2. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

That would be me and the hubber known as vietnamvet68.  We have been tohether for 12 years, married for 11 years and are still happy as clams.  Why?  We treat each other with respect every day and we always say "I love you" every single day of the week.

3. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 7 years ago

Here are ten very useful tips for keeping your marriage together, in spite of the challenges. This gives some honest down-to-earth, based on experience, and offers hope. read more

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

Yes I do.
    However I understand why it's difficult to make second marriages work. The number one reason is most people have learned what "the bad signs" are from their first marriage.
    Unlike the first time around they are less likely to put up with things just to avoid becoming a divorce statistic. No more "going along to get along". Marriage is not about finding someone you can live with but rather finding someone you can't live without.

In an ideal world one would hope not only have we masterd the negative signs in a marriage but we have also learned to do a better job in regard to selecting "our perfect mate." Until we figure out what we want we are likely to keep making the same mistakes.

If a marriage has Honesty, Trust, Loyalty, Love & devotion, Intimacy, and Emotional security there's a good chance it will work out. There will be problems if you are missing one of theses.

Everyone  of us chooses our own friends, lovers, and spouses. If we wanted an apple but bought an onion instead,,, Whose fault is that? We have to stay true to our "shopping list".

5. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 7 years ago

If you marry a second time, you bring a lot of your past and often a few extra people to the marriage as well. If your partner is willing to understand that he or she married not just single you but you as whole, than it should work...
    True love can move mountains as they say...everything is possible if there is true love...