jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

To break up over the holidays or not?

1. SingleCityGirl profile image56
    SingleCityGirlposted 7 years ago

To break up over the holidays or not?

I broke up with" Mr. Loser with a good heart " a week ago and we are both sad and lonely.  I just couldnt be with a jobless, money-less, lazy, unambitious,  car-less, 44 year old man who has been living with his mom for a year now. No matter how funny and sweet he is!!!! But was i wrong to break up with him during the holidays?

2. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

Maybe it was wrong.  You need to look into yourself and ask why you choose this time to break up with him and why you were with him to begin with.  I think you can learn something about your own weaknesses here and grow as a person.

3. elvit profile image57
    elvitposted 7 years ago

Yes. there will be no one to spend the holidays with... you know it's Christmas.

4. SingleCityGirl profile image56
    SingleCityGirlposted 7 years ago

The reason I broke up with him is because I ended up paying for his food and travel on my trip to Las Vegas.  I told him to come prepared with some spending money and that he would have to pay for a train or bus ticket to my house and back.  I live in San Diego and he lives in LA.  I ended up paying for his food and train ticket home.  He also missed the train and got on the wrong busses initially which pushed back our trip to Vegas hours.  To make things worse, on the day of our departure from Vegas back home, he asks me to drive 20 miles out of the way to visit a beautful spot. I agreed but was worried about time as I had to work on a research paper for school later that night.  The 20 minute drive was actually 60 miles away and it ate away at my gas and time.  He doesn't think about things.  He also doesn't like to shower every day and that bothers me.  Knowing this, does it justify my break up at all? lol

5. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

No, You weren't wrong to break up with him over the holidays.
    Your mistake was to get involve with him in the first place knowing he was not your type to begin with.

If you want an apple but buy an onion instead, Whose fault is that?

It does no good to curse the onion for not tasting like an apple. (We Select Our Own Friends, Lovers, and Spouses.)
    Next time around if you stick to what is on your "shopping list" you won't waste your time with anymore "losers". :-)

Hopefully you both will find people who love and adore you as you are. There is no sense robbing someone of additional time by being involved with them simply because the holidays are upon us and no one "better" has come along.

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

It would be nice to have avoided a break up during a holiday but he sounds like a loser so good riddance to that experience.

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i don't think the break-up is wrong but calling him all these names after being with him for a year doesn't make you look very good. things that make you go hmmmm.

8. AshleyRB profile image58
    AshleyRBposted 7 years ago

I actually can relate! I was with my ex for a little over a year before I broke up with him. He was a good guy, but not what I was looking for in the long run. He doesn't want to go to college, had no plans other than starting a family with me, no car, lives with his mom, worked at McDonalds for 4 years, spent all of his money on crap, etc.

It doesn't matter when you break up, as long as you do it when your ready. I broke up with my ex like two weeks before Christmas, because that was when I was ready. When you commit to someone your committing to their negative traits to. If you can't deal with it anymore leave him.