jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do men and women garden differently - specifically in what they grow and how the

1. chspublish profile image82
    chspublishposted 7 years ago

Do men and women garden differently - specifically in what they grow and how they grow it?

I ask this question, because when I was young and watched my grandfather grow vegetables he had a specific way to do it. And since then I've noticed men seem to grow things in the same way. Growing up to be a passionate and female gardener, I've noticed females seem to go about things in a different way. The same veg but arranged differently and with different concerns. That's just my opinion and it would be useful to hear if others have made similar observations and what are those observatoins?

2. profile image0
    Jakey247posted 7 years ago

Yes I do think that they do it differently. Men place the veg in a different order than the women. Plus they like different flowers which could be why. But it is a very good question and you should write a hub about it well done!

3. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure about doing things differently by different genders but some activities like pulling of weeds and few select operations like transplanting of rice is done with more ease and comfort by females than males. This is because of more flexibility of females architect.

4. profile image47
    sweepsgurlposted 7 years ago

Yes I think men and women do garden differently. I don't garden myself, but just based on everything else in life that we do so differently from each other, I would have to say we probably garden in different ways as well.  I think maybe it could actually be an asset to possibly compliment each other when gardening.

5. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

I planted flowers and my late husband planted tomatoes.  That's it.. just tomatoes.  Different kinds of tomatoes, cherry tomatoes are my favourite.  But the big ones are so beautiful to watch turn to orange to red.  As I don't garden much, I can't say if men and women garden differently when it comes to veggies.  Maybe you are right.

Have a nice day,
    Rosie

6. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

I don't know about gardening but I know that men plant seeds and women grow them!

7. profile image0
    surlyoldcatposted 7 years ago

I have to say, without fear of contradiction, yes.

Well, for me anyway. The better half is very detail oriented, careful, caring, and knowledgable when it comes to her plants and flowers.

Me? I do my landscaping with dynamite, C-4, and hand grenades. That'll fix those pesky weeds.

Closed to reply

working