jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you have a different view of yourself than others do?

1. kennynext profile image74
    kennynextposted 7 years ago

Do you have a different view of yourself than others do?

Do people have a different opinion of you than you do?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 7 years ago

Oh dear...I have only asked one friend what he thought of me, in context to something we were discussing. It was flattering to hear him say what he said. For the most part, friends are those whom you love and who love you with all your imperfections so it really does not matter what they think. I should ask my students after the semester...

3. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

Absolutely yes. I do not expect people to see me the way I see myself since I have seen and experience the other side of death by GOD giving me a vision of it on August 1, 1982 A.D. a Sunday morning. The only sign you will get from me is my 1 unpublished hub on hubpages which got its 1000 page views on January 7, 2011 A.D. at 5:30 pm mountain standard time. On December 28, 2010 A.D. my 1 unpublished hub earned its first 1 cent. My page impressions have skyrocketed in total and daily average. My traffic to my 1 unpublished hub comes from 100 percent referrals and that is the reason I began to get page impressions on September 11, 2010 A.D. The only thing that I have done was to write my hub and be patient. I have done absolutely nothing else for my 1 hub that is a 1 of a kind hub that is breaking all records by itself for it being a success as it is from day 1. I have completed my mission on the earth and will now sit back and enjoy my long life ahead of me with my 1 unpublished hub on hubpages. Thank you. I now have 1011 total page views.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Probably everyone does, it's no big deal.

5. fucsia profile image59
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

I am often surprised that my old friends remind me as the girl who I was: always looking for fun and companionship. They do not see that I am changed: I am much more quiet and lonely.
    They put me a label!
    I also realize that people generally have much confidence in me, while I often tend to underestimate myself.

6. MikeSyrSutton profile image66
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 7 years ago

Not really. It took a while to judge myself by my actions and not my intentions. I had it back words for a while.

7. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

well the answer would be yes, if only i lived alone on a desert Island, then i would definitely be yes.. as human we tend to judge other people, but who cares, if there do. I am who I am
    no maybe about it.... love your question.

8. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Definitely true, because no one person sees another as they see themselves.

9. justgotlucky profile image57
    justgotluckyposted 7 years ago

Yes. Each person is unique in their own ways.

10. Mousumi Paul profile image61
    Mousumi Paulposted 7 years ago

I think i'm a person who never live without tension,who is totally mad and do anything for her loved one.And strangely my friend and family also agree with me....So yes,People and I have the same view about myself.

11. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

I suspect most of us have a different view of ourselves than what others do. The primary reason for this is because we are the only ones that know what is "going on inside" of us.
    How one feels about his or herself is more important than our outward appearence.

There will always be those who think you really have your act together as well as those who believe you don't have a clue!
    Honestly what you think about yourself is most important.
    Nobody is perfect!
    Life is a personal journey and we're all a work in progress.