jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

we have kissed and now he says perhaps we can get together for a cup of coffee;

1. profile image47
    ef2000posted 7 years ago

we have kissed and now he says perhaps we can get together for a cup of coffee; what does that mean?

we have been out for dinner a couple of time already and kissed on the second date.  i have not heard from him for a few weeks (through the christmas and new year holidays). i sent an email to say hi and he said he has been busy at work and perhaps we can get together for a cup of coffee.

2. Candace Bleu profile image50
    Candace Bleuposted 7 years ago

Maybe thats because he hasn't much time being that he is busy with work and the holidays. Go with him and act casual, because its just a cup of coffee. See it for what it is. The worst thing you can do is show your selfconsiousness and be all frantic about it. Relax and be honest.
    Don't assume the worst until you've seen it in person. But keeping in mind all possibilities is always a good thing.

3. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

Not hearing from him over Christmas and New Years either means you are only very casual (Which could be the case since you have only been out for dinner a few times) and he doesn't want to get too involved at this stage - Because this is the time of the year you spend your free time with those you love - and/or he's involved with someone else. So I wouldn't be too worried or get too excited about him suggesting you go for a coffee.  If you're looking for answers you'd be better off calling him rather than emailing him, you can gauge his response better that way. It's a bummer he never called you to wish you a Happy Christmas etc too.

4. chanroth profile image74
    chanrothposted 6 years ago

Well, just don't think to much and act casual. Just be yourself and enjoy the day with him. Have a cup of coffee and talk about how life was going. Engage him through the conversation and he'll let you know exactly what happen during those few weeks he haven't contact you.

working