how do i save a relatioship thats falling apart? how can i give her space withou

1. profile image46
    brittinayposted 7 years ago

how do i save a relatioship thats falling apart? how can i give her space without missing her?

me and my girlfriend hve been dating for 7 mmonths. and we have been best friends for 3 years and well she is this dalai lama type of person, and im 2outgoing we seem to clash a bit. but when i drink we fight becuz i get mad at her for everything even when i dnt drink, she says i have this anger inside and im trying to show her that im changing for the better but all that is doing is pushing her away, i know she loves me but she says our friendship will always come first, so now she said she needs a break and im not sure how to take this, im scared she will not miss me or relize we arent ment

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4475096_f260.jpg

2. lovelife08 profile image59
    lovelife08posted 7 years ago

There is a saying.  "The drunk man tells no tales."  If you're angry when you're drunk, it could mean that you're bottling up some resentment, and she can see that.  She may not want to be romantically involved with someone who will not share his feelings with her in an adult fashion (not that you're not an adult or anything).  However, she is willing to be your friend and be there for you when you do want to talk to her about something.  But as long as you can't truthfully communicate with her, or yourself for that matter, she doesn't want a relationship.  I say give her the space she needs, and let her be the friend she wants to be, and during that time show her that you DO want to change.  She may come back, or she may not.  It will work out exactly the way it's supposed to.

working