jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are some men bitter about paying child support and should he pay if he is de

1. Libra Rajani profile image61
    Libra Rajaniposted 7 years ago

Why are some men bitter about paying child support and should he pay if he is denied visitation?

2. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i think some men are just useless and child support is something of an inconvienience to them. now if a guy can't visit his kids then he shouldn't have to pay for them. do mothers who give their kids up for adoption have to pay for them?

3. Curtis Aron profile image79
    Curtis Aronposted 7 years ago

Some men are bitter because they see the court system as unfair and biased when it comes to child support.  Also, a man should continue to pay even if he is being denied visitation.  The proper way to deal with this situation is continue to pay, document and file suit.

4. Phenomenal woman profile image57
    Phenomenal womanposted 7 years ago

I think some men are bitter about paying child support,because when paying child support,theres a huge obligation and a huge chunk being removed from your check,Im sure it can put a dent in ones pocket.I do however think that if a man or woman is paying child support,they should be allowed to see their child if they choose to be in there life.Some just pay child support and don't want anything to do with the child or the other parent.But yes,the other party should be paying something,you two did make the child together.I also think that two parents should come to an agreement as far as how much a month can be payed to the other parent,without going to file for child support.It's less of a hassle for both parties.I asked my daughters father for a measly $40 a month.He agreed and that was a year ago,I haven't seen a dime,he barely sees her once a year,so being that I couldn't get the funky $40 a month,I will be filing for child support.My child will be 10 yrs.old in june,he doesn't do anything for her,I think I've given him enough time to step up and be a man.I'm sorry,this hub struck home for me and I had to let it out.Thx.

5. profile image50
    andrews stepmomposted 6 years ago

I believe men are bitter because they get the shaft!  My husband divorced his wife after 16 years of marriage because she was "addicted to boot" (that is a whole other discussion).  She had left him at least three times and he took her back every time trying to save the marriage for the sake of his son.  We didn't hire an attorney (first BIG mistake) believing that the soon to be ex-wife would "play nice" (second mistake).  We ended up paying until this "child" was 23 years old.  He was NOT living with his biomom, he was out on his own, but we still had to pay HER. He did go to college at the insistence of his biomom-otherwise child support would have ended at 18.  She told lies to Dept of Family Services and had my husband's wages garnished even though we were paying a week early.  As far as denied visitation, I have a problem with that.  If the biomom won't share the child, then it should go back before the courts.  Unfortunately, lawyers cost money and the courts are in favor of the biomom anyway.

working