my girlfriend and I are extremely close. We spend on average 6-7 days together

1. profile image46
    kevinhermannposted 7 years ago

my girlfriend and I are extremely close.  We spend on average 6-7 days together and we are...

trying to find a place to move into together.  When I'm out with her friends she ignores me for the most part and exclusively enjoys the company of her friends and I feel totally left out.  More so she spends a whole lot of time with her male friend and they sometimes disappear together.  She claims she never slept with him and has no interest in him but i have never seen a relationship where a dude's girlfriend abandon's him for hours at a time and enjoys the company of her male friend.  When they are together I'm never included.

2. junkseller profile image87
    junksellerposted 7 years ago

I know it is very utilitarian but I often times view relationships as contract negotiations.  The only thing that really matters is that it works.  Whether what works is "normal" or not, I think is less important.

The key part of that is negotiation.  She may not have any idea how you feel.  She very well might think everything is swell.  Everyone needs a little time with just their friends, I think, maybe she just needs more than some.  And as for the other guy, maybe that comes from his end - maybe it is just a really special friendship to him and he doesn't want any one in on it.

Personally, what you describe is something I would definitely want to work out before making the big step of moving in together.  Best of luck to you.

working