jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Did your first love/crush have an impact on your life, and if so how?

1. yankeeintexas profile image60
    yankeeintexasposted 7 years ago

Did your first love/crush have an impact on your life, and if so how?

2. Davorunner profile image81
    Davorunnerposted 7 years ago

I'd like to say no, and I can't see any direct correlation, BUT I do believe that your first crush or love means something one way or other.

Your heart or spirit develops through every event in your life. If you had a crush on someone who didn't return the feelings then you might be more inclined to retreat into yourself early on. If it goes well you might be more bold about sharing your feelings.

I do think it's like a seed, the first time you let yourself love you're planting it, and then it will grow depending on how you let it.
    Good question btw

3. Johanna Baker profile image75
    Johanna Bakerposted 7 years ago

Most certainly! Every relationship you have influences your life in some way. My first 'boyfriend' was a very gentle loving boy whom I only ever was kissed by once - when he thought I wasn't looking. He was killed in an motorbike accident when I was 18 some 4 or 5 years after that sweet kiss and I regret that he lived such a short life, but perhaps he was an angel in disguise all along. He showed me that men could be good...

4. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

Yup, he somehow had.. . Though what we had didn't last that long, our relationship reminds me that no matter how great the pressure is around you if you won't let it in your life it'll never affect you.
    We actually broke up because of rumors and I think the fire just simply died, it's just puppy love smile

5. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Yes, it shaped much of what my life is today, even including the music I listen to, the job I love, and many of my hobbies. That relationship went south because of language and cultural differences that took me quite a few years to understand (I was 17 at the time). The time we spent talking sparked an interest in world history and culture, a fascination with languages, and a renewed eagerness to learn that I never had before. This turned out to be a permanent change in me, and I like myself much better with those things that he inspired.