jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are hetrosexual men getting an unduly rough ride?

1. Jefsaid profile image74
    Jefsaidposted 7 years ago

Are hetrosexual men getting an unduly rough ride?

Most heterosexual males are not Neanderthal-type, domineering bigots and because a few portray such behaviour, not all should be tarred by the same brush.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4536031_f260.jpg

2. Johanna Baker profile image75
    Johanna Bakerposted 7 years ago

True, every person should be taken at face-value and treated with courtesy and respect. Unfortunately there are men who have badly hurt women who then can have huge difficulties trusting again and treat men then very warily. Something to be said for being kind and respectful for both sexes from the get-go...

3. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

The question requires a well thought out, well researched article, and is certainly beyond the bounds of this section, and would probably be wasted in a hub.  My first reaction to this question, was:
    Who benefits most from encouraging the emasculation of society?

4. L.Lawyer profile image60
    L.Lawyerposted 7 years ago

of course not all men are the way we are made to believe but those out there who set bad examples of men need to remember,
    a bad impression lasts longer than a good one.
    if you want a woman to believe you are not like the butch stereotype we are made to believe you all are then you have to prove it!
    i know that isnt an easy job but i have had a good impression of a man before and trust me im hard to impress!
    i have already wrote about bad dating experiences.
    to see your point people must forget about stereotypes and that includes men opinion of women.

5. Jefsaid profile image74
    Jefsaidposted 7 years ago

I have elaborated at some length my reasoning on my hub 'Sexism and other things – Is it time to give heterosexual man a break?'  The point I make is that hetrosexual man is a product of evolution and education rather than criticsm would be more beneficial for greater good.

6. Karonher profile image76
    Karonherposted 7 years ago

Just because they are heterosexual they do not have to be violent.  I think violent men get a rough ride but also believe that they should. Heterosexual men who act decently are normally treated Ok

working