jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How many of you out there tried online dating and are over 40? How did that fee

1. Bronson_Hub profile image61
    Bronson_Hubposted 7 years ago

How many of you out there tried online dating and are over 40?  How did that feel?  Which site...

did you use?

2. Louisiana Jobs profile image61
    Louisiana Jobsposted 7 years ago

Well, I have and am trying it currently. Feels a little embarrassing for me sometimes:)  However, I have very little time to go out and try and find someone so for me it makes perfect sense. Currently I am on match.com. I have had limited success, I have met some wonderful ladies, just not the right one for me yet. You should check out the hub I wrote about online dating, has a few things I've learned in my adventure.

3. Bronson_Hub profile image61
    Bronson_Hubposted 7 years ago

Going to check that hub out, thanks for answering smile

4. DIYweddingplanner profile image91
    DIYweddingplannerposted 7 years ago

I have and you can read about some of my misadventures, too.  Not saying it's not successful for some people, just not for me.  Creepy people on plentyoffish, match.com I've had the best luck at, e-harmony kept matching me with short little men and I'm 5'9"!

5. wychic profile image92
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I haven't, but my husband has...though it wasn't on an organized dating site. He actually met me on the Myspace poker chat, along with many other good friends that we have to this day. He was 49 at the time, and I think he'd tell you that it worked out pretty well wink. I've heard of a lot of mixed results on dating sites, I think primarily because everyone on there is actively looking and so many may not be very upfront and honest about themselves. When you're socializing for friendship people tend to be a lot more open, and then you never know when you might find someone that can be more than a friend.

6. KateWest profile image78
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

I've tried a lot of them and it's always awkward because no matter how truthful you are in your profile, the other person will automatically have a certain image of you and will either decide to let that go when you meet in person. Or not. Some people find love right away and for others it takes years. Just like "real life". Either way kind of sucks, but best of luck - try, try again!

working