jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Tell me your take on love, if you have one?? Does it exist?

1. Maggie-May profile image60
    Maggie-Mayposted 7 years ago

Tell me your take on love, if you have one?? Does it exist?

2. A.A. Zavala profile image85
    A.A. Zavalaposted 7 years ago

Beautiful picture of your family! 
    To answer your question, I have experienced loved from the three love types:
    Eros: Erotic love based on attraction.
    Philos: Love based on friendship between two people.
    Agape - unconditional love

These love types are not straightforward, I have been in relationships that were very erotic and philic.  Those tend to be remembered (or not) remembered by most people.  Agape love is mostly associated with christianity, as the love that God and Christ showed.  But it means unconditional love without the benefit or desire of reciprocation.  I have less experience with this than the other types.

Does love exist?  Absolutely.  The desire for it causes us to do many things that takes us out of our comfort zone.  The chance that we may lose it makes us to go out of our way to try to keep it.  Many people have given up their life for just the chance to experience it.  I have known it, and hope to experience it again myself. 

Love has a lasting effect on us, and to some could be likened to shackles or even slavery.  These are perception issues  that are associated with fixating on an individual, thought, or even feelings.  These tendencies are destructive and are attributed to love, but rarely result in finding it.

Whew!  I hope that wasn't too convoluted.  Interesting question, thank you for asking.

3. Maggie-May profile image60
    Maggie-Mayposted 7 years ago

Awesome!!!! Terrific! Thought provoking and informative, I have gained a new outlook here........

4. Edoka Writes profile image60
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

It does exist. I think true love is shown when you want nothing in return but love. The realization of love's intensity, for me, manifested with the birth of my two children- overwhelming.

5. C.A. Johnson profile image70
    C.A. Johnsonposted 7 years ago

Yes, love exists.

There is the love of family and the love of friends. Then you have the "other" loves.

Other loves include:

Unconditional love: the no questions asked, completely accepted for who and what you are and is never ending.

Fun love is that brief interlude with someone that leaves a constant smile on your face and has you laughing all the time. This love comes and goes with anyone that you can have relationship with, be it family, friends, or romantic.

Forever love is what you find with that certain someone that no matter where your paths part or differ you find that no time has passed when they cross again.

Bad for you love is that one that gets you in trouble,makes you do stupid things, and is in no way beneficially to you as a person. But it delicious and naughty and provocative and it draws you in and makes you beg for more. Fortunately, most people quickly enter and exit this type of love.

Flash in the pan love is closely related to bad for you love but not as harmful. It hits suddenly, burns hot, and quickly fades leaving fond memories and maybe a few blushes.

Then there is Passionate love. This is the one that everyone should experience at least once in your life. Live it, breathe it, drink it, and surrender to it. When you find that one person that ignites a passion that lives inside both of you, that;s the one to keep for as long as it will stay. This is by far the strongest of loves to be found and encompasses all other types of romantic loves. Those who dive head first into a passionate love will live wonderfully fulfilled lives and never wonder what they are missing.

6. profile image0
    Dandraposted 7 years ago

My take on love is that you know it when you feel it.                           .