jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can a chance encounter change your life forever?

1. Elizabeth99 profile image60
    Elizabeth99posted 7 years ago

Can a chance encounter change your life forever?

Has anyone met that one person who is their perfect match, then lost the chance to be with them forever?(It doesn't just have to be a lover, anyone counts.) And would you go back and change they way things happened?

2. Dovay Lee profile image37
    Dovay Leeposted 7 years ago

To be frank, i have not met such persons in life. Both parties have theri advantages and disadvantages. The most important for them is they can cooperate with each other well.

3. Mark Ewbie profile image88
    Mark Ewbieposted 7 years ago

In some ways a lot of relationships start with a chance encounter.  Life is a game of chance.  As for perfect matches - well - there are always those that you might wonder "what might have been".  But if you are lucky and in a happy relationship (or happy being single) - then best to count your current blessings rather than looking backwards.

4. bbnix profile image62
    bbnixposted 7 years ago

Not to start with a qualifier, but I have luckily  been with my perfect match for 32 years now, so that makes me a very different person than before that.

In other words, my perfect match I missed connecting with before then, no, but since we're not talking about lovers, necessarily, I have met others over the years that I would consider, hypothetically of course, a perfect match (although possibly tumultuous), and again, of course, it wasn't meant to be, but certainly, the mind constructs, for a short while anyway, very interesting, "what ifs".

I suppose those what ifs can provide some interesting fodder for my writing and my art. Thankfully, my wife is amazingly tolerant of my creative side (entirely fictional, of course) wink

5. profile image49
    Kellis.anaposted 7 years ago

They always have and always will, life is a wonderful complex of chances and encounters, knowing and trusting in yourself makes these happenings truly beautiful.

working