How did the death of someone you love change your life?

1. RJ Schwartz profile image95
    RJ Schwartzposted 12 months ago

How did the death of someone you love change your life?

Today I had to face the fact that a man who had been very influential in guiding my professional and personal life wasn't going to be there for me anymore.  His passing has left me profoundly sad, and stoically thoughtful as I look back at the last 25 years.  I'm still in the funk of realization right now, but I suspect I will take the positive things away from his passing.  Has any person's death changed your life and if so, how?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13419301_f260.jpg

2. Dana Tate profile image87
    Dana Tateposted 12 months ago

My mother passed away when I was seventeen years old. I really didn't grieve because my survivor mold kicked in. I already knew that because I was almost eighteen, the support I would get from my family would be limited. I buried the pain but didn't realize it; I thought I was just strong. Well, when I started going through trials in my life all this pain that I had buried just erupted like a volcano and I was very angry and sad. Now, I encourage people not to bury their pain but to deal with it. Now I'm able to think of the good times I had with my mother; Like how she loved Christmas, loved camping, and loved animals and being a nurse. I'm able to celebrate her life because I am no longer in a dark place behind her death.

3. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 12 months ago

Ralph.....You have my sincere sympathy.  I am so sorry for the sadness you're experiencing due to this loss. The first few days, weeks & perhaps months can be overwhelming and raw.  You will, however, as you believe, begin to review all the positive and pleasant experiences reaped from the relationship with this special person and one day come to terms with his absence. 
    In order to share my story with you, in answer to your question, Ralph, I'll have to take this on as a Hub.  Because of my current schedule of events & activities, I can give this hub my attention no sooner than a week to 10 days.  I will scribble myself a note to post as a daily reminder that this hub is on my list of important things to accomplish.
    Thank you for the inspiration.......I'm sending you a hug.  Pleas take care of my friend "Ralph."..........Peace, Paula

working