When you ask a question, do you expect an answer?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Jangaplanet profile image61
    Jangaplanetposted 13 years ago

When you ask a question, do you expect an answer?

2. Let Me Help You profile image60
    Let Me Help Youposted 13 years ago

Duh!!

My hub is all about asking questions, just buzz me with a question that bugs you or if you want to learn any possible thing and I'll make a hub in which it will be answered in few steps.

3. Vishaaa profile image72
    Vishaaaposted 13 years ago

Yea. if i'm really expecting an answer i'd definitely follow it. Otherwise I'll just ask questions to entertain others who loves to answer.

4. snigdha.s profile image75
    snigdha.sposted 13 years ago

definitely, i would expect an answer unless no one really had an answer for the question

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

well , i wouldn't ask if i didn't want an answer or at least an opinion. that's the point behind asking.

6. FaithDream profile image79
    FaithDreamposted 13 years ago

Yes I would expect an answer, at least I'd hope someone would answer. Sometimes I ask questions based on hubs I'm writing.
    You have some of the best questions. Sometimes I just want to respond to your question with a question. smile

7. kallini2010 profile image80
    kallini2010posted 13 years ago

I would rather ask you, do you expect an answer?

I often wonder when people ask questions what kind of answers are expected.

When I ask a question I do expect an answer, but what I usually get are answers that sound like all-encompassing, the truth in its final instance.
    With an air of finality!  Bang! Bang! Bang!

Most people assume that the person who asks the question does not know the answer or there is one answer that fits all.

I am not clueless, the reason I ask questions is to gauge the interest on a subject and get a range of opinions.  I do have an intention to finalize the "Question & Answers" session with a hub of my own.  I really like when a question is so good that people are motivated to write a hub rather a short response.

For example "Are men more deluded than women?"

"Yes, they are".  Frankly, what is the point of answering like that? Just to get the statistics on how many questions you have asked and how many questions you have answered?

It is a goal, but the point? Point Zero.
    That is my resounding Bang! Bang! Bang!

8. profile image0
    Neville Walkposted 13 years ago

I did ask one question here, to which I really wanted an answer, but after a few days, it had received no replies, so deleted it.  An hour later, another hubber, asked exactly the same question, and within another hour, had received several replies.  So, I don't bother to ask questions now, but instead check to see if anyone else has asked the same question.

9. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 13 years ago

I do, and I hope it creates discussion.  I am very interested in other people's opinions.

10. szufisticada profile image60
    szufisticadaposted 13 years ago

yes of course, i wouldn't be at ease unless my question won't be answered

11. onegoodwoman profile image70
    onegoodwomanposted 13 years ago

Do you expect an answer to this?  Do you  expect an intelligent and detailed answer or a curt one?

12. yiasa profile image60
    yiasaposted 13 years ago

NOt always. Like if I say to you do you expect an answer from me? Then i don't want you to say something because I've already got the answer.

13. ramyaprithvi profile image58
    ramyaprithviposted 13 years ago

Yes i would..... and i hope i will get one or the other answers in different views.... so i expect answers

14. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 13 years ago

A question asked in this section can be answered with a short answer, if it is enough. But, sometimes a question can also inspire the publication of a hub.

I just post the questions. I do not expect an answer, I mean I do not need them desperately but I do read them once someone takes the time to answer it.

15. poorconservative1 profile image61
    poorconservative1posted 13 years ago

Yes...HELLO! I'm answering ain't I. Just kidding. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

16. Faceless39 profile image92
    Faceless39posted 13 years ago

On HubPages, no.  If it's a question I ask somebody in person, definitely yes.  I've had people ignore questions I've asked while they're directly in front of me, and it causes a feeling of not being worthy enough to get a reply.

17. Johnvegan profile image55
    Johnveganposted 12 years ago

I don't expect it from god...When ever i asked i did not listen anything from him....Don't know why ?

18. Nelly A. profile image60
    Nelly A.posted 12 years ago

I would expect an answer, but there are answers that don't have to be said.. , a nod or a smile will do.   :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)