jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the prime reason to marry somebody?

1. akuigla profile image60
    akuiglaposted 7 years ago

What is the prime reason to marry somebody?

What are we all looking in someone as the prime quality as life partner?Physical attributes?Money?Intelligence?A bit of everything?But is it out there ONE single most important factor when we say:Yes,thats it!

2. YoJDawg profile image80
    YoJDawgposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't say I am a love expert or marriage expert. All I know is that I love my wife, and I couldn't see my life going anywhere without her. To me, this is my primary reason for marrying my wife. We got married at 23 which to some people is young but I looked at it at the view of, I love her, and whether or not I marry her now or later, I will be with her forever. Almost 2 years later, we have a house, baby, living a great life, I wouldn't change anything for the world.

My single reason, life without her didn't make sense.

3. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

Sorry to almost preach the answer... but it is definately love. When you can't think of anybody else and you can't imagine another day without that person... that is probably the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Love will always bring you back together... My husband and I have been married since we were 20 years old. We have had some issues due to life itself, and while those issues tore us apart, love was what always pulled us back together. It is the strongest feeling in the world!

4. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 7 years ago

I agree. The relationship science shows that a healthy marriage protects both our physical and psychological health, helps us live longer, to be better parents, family members and friends in the processes. Our creator designed us to be married.

5. Sunny Barb profile image59
    Sunny Barbposted 7 years ago

There is a difference from loving someone and being in love.  When you are in love with someone and are without a doubt committed to taking the bad with the good, that is a pretty good indicator that "Yes, that's it!"

6. findandshop profile image62
    findandshopposted 6 years ago

Lust these days. If you get past the lust, companionship.