jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

It is said that "the wife decides and the husband declares the decision" - is it

1. mdlawyer profile image38
    mdlawyerposted 7 years ago

It is said that "the wife decides and the husband declares the decision" - is it true?

2. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 7 years ago

I disagree. My husband and I make decisions together. One of us will make a choice, and the other will concur or come to another conclusion, but we talk about it and decide together.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 7 years ago

Not always and I hope not. Men normally listen to themselves more than their wives at times.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Who said that?  I have not heard it.  I think it depends on the structure of your particular family.  Every one is different.  My husband and I make decisions together and it has worked for 40 years.

5. profile image65
    Josh and Lindseyposted 7 years ago

On major things, we definitely share the decision making.  On smaller things, I (the wife) will decide, but only because he doesn't care to have input, though if my decision bothers him, he always speaks up.

6. ggenda profile image60
    ggendaposted 7 years ago

I think that every relationship is different - but ideally, both will make decisions together. Part of the great thing about being in a relationship is having someone who will be with you as you make tough decisions, make better choices because of the person you are with, and being able to have another person's input.

Personally, my husband and I both make better decisions when we decide things together. It's part of being a team!

working