jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If your in love with your bestfriend should you tell him or keep things the way

1. selene383 profile image60
    selene383posted 7 years ago

If your in love with your bestfriend should you tell him or keep things the way they r?

2. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

I actually just wrote a poem on this... lol
    To me, if I had a guy friend who I was in love with I would see how he felt. I wouldn't come right out and say it but kind of hint toward it. My fiance is my best friend. We were friends to begin with, then became more then friends, started dating, ended up in a relationship and about 2 months into this relationship (not even) he knew he wanted to marry me. We are getting married this fall... So I would go for it!

3. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 7 years ago

It depends on whether or not things will stay basically the same if they reject you.  You have to get a feel for that.  Every situation is different.  When  you let someone know you love them you're always taking a risk of getting rejected.

Ask yourself this.  Do you deserve to find love.  Is it worth it.

4. Elena Lee profile image55
    Elena Leeposted 7 years ago

I would find a suitable time to tell him, for I don't want myself to regret in the future.

5. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

If you don't tell them you'll always wonder "What might have been".

All you need to say at some point is, "I'm not sure when this began to happen but I'm having feelings for you in a non plantonic way. For the sake of our friendship I wonder if it would be better if we spent less time together." Be quiet and listen to his response.

If he tells you he is feeling the same way about you then you are off to the races. If he says you're probably right you should spend less time together then you have your answer. This will allow yourself to "give up on that dream" and gradually open your heart to the possibilty of "Mr. Right" coming along.
    You'll know he's "Mr. Right" because he will automatically recongize that you are "Ms. Right"

working