jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What do you think is the most unfair stereotype?

1. TheBlondie profile image59
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

What do you think is the most unfair stereotype?

2. Billrrrr profile image82
    Billrrrrposted 6 years ago

Old people are forgetful.  I recall thinking just yesterday that....... 

What was the question again?

3. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 6 years ago

When people say that abused children will grow up to be abusers themselves or not amount to anything. So unfair and so very wrong.

4. ravenlt04 profile image64
    ravenlt04posted 6 years ago

I hate racist stereotypes.  Examples include "black people are ghetto [talk loud, are poor and live in low income areas, wear their pants off of their butts (males), and do not speak proper English]", "Hispanic people all live in houses full of people, will drop out of school, and (the girls) will get pregnant before finishing high school", and "all Asian people look alike and (Asian Americans) speak minimal English".  sad Those are just a few that come to mind.

5. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

Beautiful people being shallow and/or nasty.                                  .

6. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

I agree with Dandra - that beautiful people are shallow or nasty.

7. zduckman profile image59
    zduckmanposted 6 years ago

I think all stereotypes are based in hatred or fear. generalization never hold true.We are amazing, unique, and dynamic creatures. We have so much more in common than we have differences.

8. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Attractive people are stupid or a "real woman" has to be over-weight.
    In fact many department stores call their "plus size" areas "Woman's sizes" as if women who wear size 10 and below are not women!!!
    By contrast in men's stores you still see areas called "Big and Tall". (They aren't called "Man sizes")

9. Emmeaki profile image61
    Emmeakiposted 6 years ago

Stereotypes based on race because all people of a certain race are still individuals. Some are rich, poor, educated, uneducated, nice, mean, whatever. People of a certain race can come from any country in the world, so how can an American person of race x be compared to an English person of race x. Their culture and nationality will define who they are more than their race.

10. christiansister profile image61
    christiansisterposted 6 years ago

Stereotypes are set by averages and not individual truth so they are pretty much all unfair.