jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Have you ever written a hub about something that may make family members mad at

1. mommyneal6 profile image78
    mommyneal6posted 6 years ago

Have you ever written a hub about something that may make family members mad at you?

2. JGoul profile image60
    JGoulposted 6 years ago

Not really, but I am considering posting a Hub called "The Advice I'd Give My Brother If No One, Including Him, Would Ever Know It Was From Me".  On the one hand, it's one of the best things I've ever written, but it would be embarrassing and likely cause some family tension.

It's a tough question, because writers try to get exposure by publicly airing their inner thoughts, but many of those thoughts can have deleterious consequences if they do not remain private.  I always wondered how songwriters who wrote angry songs about their relationships explained it to their wives and girlfriends.

3. nycgrl profile image79
    nycgrlposted 6 years ago

Hmm I have not yet but I was debating writing a hub about my dating experiences and I know some of my ex's will probably see it and not be too thrilled.  I haven't decided if I am going to write it yet and if I did it wouldn't point fingers or name names but a lot of people will know be able to tell whose who.  We shall see what happens lol

4. your cybersister profile image61
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

I have written one that would make a former family member mad, but haven't done any yet that I think would upset my current family members.  I have toyed with doing a few that might step on the toes of a few, but have so far resisted the temptation.

5. mommyneal6 profile image78
    mommyneal6posted 6 years ago

Great answers! I aak bc I just wrote one that took me about an hour to hit publish. I usually post it on Facebook and stuff that I wrote a new hub but bc a lot of family is on Facebook I didnt do it with this one. I guess I'll see what if anything happens from me writing a hub about family stuff.

6. rob_allen profile image85
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

Nope, never, i never talk about personal things and anything about my family here. smile

7. IntimatEvolution profile image80
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Yes.  It is a hub called Bitterness in the face of forgiveness.  It was very difficult to write. 

When someone takes such a bold step of writing something personal like that...  Be prepared for the consequences that may follow.  It is one of the best hubs I have written thus far.  It has also done wonders for me personally.  It helped me to find a little closer.  Especially when my sister posted one of the most hate filled comments to me in a reply to the article.  It forced me to see my family for who they really are, and most importantly I realized that I am better off with them and their constant B S.  I wish I would have written the article a long time ago.  My night terrors from my extremely abusive childhood have drastically diminished, and i have found that I don't miss them anymore.  But it was tough at first.  Nobody likes to see themselves for who they really are.  Especially when someone is an evil person.  Ugliness never looks good.

8. bharath.adupa profile image71
    bharath.adupaposted 6 years ago

No i ever did that but i have an idea of doing that, i will make them feel like whether i am getting mad or some kind of stupid..hahaha actually its very funny side ...

9. Faeriephenomenon profile image59
    Faeriephenomenonposted 6 years ago

No but I have written a hub that would probably anger an ex boyfriend! lol

10. tjhooper profile image75
    tjhooperposted 6 years ago

Personally, none of my family members read my hubs; however, I do have maybe one or two that may cause some kind of tension. I think there's always that one black sheep in the family that we feel the need to write about.

working