jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What makes a person insecure?

1. Big bud profile image71
    Big budposted 6 years ago

What makes a person insecure?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

So many things can make a person insecure. Personally for me it was the loss of my mother at 3 years old. Lived with my dad then my grandmother then my aunt then back with my dad and my step mother who I did not get along with. She took every opportunity she could to kill any self esteem that I had. It left me feeling really insecure growing up.

3. Eileen Serapio profile image59
    Eileen Serapioposted 6 years ago

i think not being contented and satisfied with who you are, what you have and who you're with causes insecurity. it can also transpire from a certain traumatic event in the past that has made us lose our self-confidence. sadly, insecurity eats us up and makes us unhappy to the point that the people around us also becomes unhappy.

4. Mr-Yo LV profile image56
    Mr-Yo LVposted 6 years ago

A person's finances can affect a person's confidence.  Imagine a parent unable to provide for the family.  How devastating would that be?

5. guy1973 profile image60
    guy1973posted 6 years ago

Childhood trauma can cause lots of insecurities in a person

6. nessafay profile image75
    nessafayposted 6 years ago

Anything they think makes them different from someone else... I have a muscle weakness on my left side from having a stroke in utero... it makes me extremely insecure.

7. Cathy I profile image75
    Cathy Iposted 6 years ago

Insecurity comes form our life experiences.  Often times it dates back to childhood and what learnt from what was going on in the home or from how we were treated. Many parents say things to kids that becomes a part of them as they grow up.

As we become wiser, we have to ensure that we instill in our children a high sense of self esteem so that they can become who they were meant to be.  At the same time, we must work to free ourselves of our own insecurities, even if it means getting help in doing so.