jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How would you react if you find out that your best friend is dating your ex?

1. philirodje profile image60
    philirodjeposted 6 years ago

How would you react if you find out that your best friend is dating your ex?

People tend to take such things too serious, your best friend, your ex in a relationship.

2. Mr-Yo LV profile image58
    Mr-Yo LVposted 6 years ago

I'd be like OMG, WTF, EWWW?

On a serious note, the past is the past, wouldn't bother me one bit.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

It all depends on who dumped who.
    Naturally if your ex dumped you and now they're dating your friend that would hurt. (Especially if it happened fairly soon after the breakup)

However I would imagine if I dumped my ex I could care less if my friend wants to follow in my footsteps. :-)
    Odds are fairly good that I'd already be dating another person. In fact several years ago this actually happened in my life. I was really pulling for my best friend and my ex to make it but in the end their relationship failed.

4. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

I would be furious and I would make it clear to my 'best' friend that we would no longer be friends. I wouldn't want any thing further to do with her.  But I think  it's very unlikely I'd be in this situation. In my group of friends we decided a long time ago that we wouldn't even go on a date with someone that one of us once had already dated.

5. profile image51
    emmalee95posted 5 years ago

im going through this situation right now actually. i dated a close friend, but he disappointed me and hurt me in such ways that i ended it for both of us. now he is dating my best friend whom asked me for permission way before she even found out that he liked her, she wanted to know if i was okay with her liking him. i said yes. but then after, i found out that he liked her, and in order to be a good best friend, i told her that i approved when she asked me if she could date him if he ever asked her out. yes i approved because i didnt think that they would go out, but they ended up dating and i ended up hurting. right now, i dont know how to deal with looking at them holding hands and just acting all close in front of me. i have confronted her about this and she said she'll try her best to not flirt with him in front of me. she did... a little bit but what can she do when they both like each other so much? i cant leave them or anything because they are both really good friends to me... but i still cant get over the fact that they are dating. she told me that i was the closest friend she ever had in her life and shes the type of person who doesnt say things unless she means it. thats why, for all the things she has done for me, i am smiling and laughing with them together. but of course on the inside i am shrinking everytime. shes trying her best, so what can i say? to answer the question, this situation is the most difficult situation i have ever dealt with in my entire life. we're all 16 at the moment, so yes we are still "teenagers". i dont know, the sense of betrayal i felt was too great since she truly had me believe that she wouldnt let anything get in our friendship. but i guess even she cant overcome her love for a boy.

working