Love Or Lust ?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (25 posts)
  1. uspillit profile image53
    uspillitposted 14 years ago

Most people want to meet someone who will love and care for them.
    Once they find that special person, they fall madly in love. They then decide to move in together or get married. After this comes the children and striving together as one.

For many this type of blissful life only last for a short period of time.The reason for this is, one or the other mate decides to cheat or be dishonest in some form or fashion.

The following story is true. Only the names have been changed.

If you have ever been hurt by a cheating mate, this story  will help you start the healing process. You will know you are not alone. You will also know, It was not your fault,Some people are just dishonest and disrespectful.

If you would like to have your story told also, please email us at

spittit@gmail.com

You just may help someone feel better about their situation.

Tom a junior in college had dated many young ladies. He was attempting to find that special someone. He met Terri three years ago. They had dated on and off, before deciding to get serious. They both were students. They both worked. They text messaged each other all day long. Late in the evening, after work and school, they would talk on the phone. Sometimes they would talk until one or the other fell asleep.

Tom loved Terri so much. He told his Frat brothers he had met that special lady. They gave a party in his honor to celebrate the event.

He told his parents,sibling and other relatives also.

Terri would visit Tom and spend a day or so with him. Tom would visit Terri and stay three or four days with her.

Tom would arise everyday looking forward to text messaging ang talking to the love of his life.

Finally he decided it was time to ask that special question.

Since this would be his first time, he decided to get advise.

He asked his dad, how he proposed to his mom. He asked his uncles how they proposed to their wives.

He talked to his mom about the situation. Although his mom was very happy for him, she cautioned him to be very careful.She explained to him , that sometimes people are not what they seem. Tom explained to his mom that his future wife was not like that. She was different from all the rest,

Tom saved his money for weeks. He wanted to purchase the biggest engagement ring he could find.

Tom and some of his frat brothers went out to the jeweler's and found just such a ring.

Tom was planning to propose to Terri the next weekend.

He called her to see what plans she had for the weekend.

Terri did not answer, but someone else did.

It was a guy. The guy wanted to know why Tom was calling Terri, because he and Terri had been dating many years. The guy was a truck driver and was only home weekend and holidays

. Tom was devastated. He just could not believe what he was hearing. Terri was asleep, but the guy decided to awaken her. He too wanted to know what was going on.

Finally Terri explained to the guy and to Tom what had transpired.

Since her guy was only on home weekends and holidays, she sought out a relationship to fill the void. She never meant to hurt either of the two guys, she claimed.

Tom had brought this woman gifts. He had treated her like a queen. His queen. Tom felt hurt, deceived, embarrassed and foolish all at the same time. He felt like crying. His heart was completely broken. How could he face his friends and family? He was so shocked. He just could not bring himself to tell anyone except his mom.

He dropped out of college. He could not got work. He was not even sure he wanted to live. For many months Tom tried to figure out how he could have been such a fool.

That was six months ago. Tom has now returned to school online and is currently looking for employment. He has not seen his frat brothers in six months. He does not visit family much and keeps to himself. He is still hurting. He has decided he will probably never get married. He feels women are evil.

1. whispers of faith profile image61
      whispers of faithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow that was an amazing story im use to hearing about females getting hurt so its hard to believe that a female could be that wrong.

2. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.

3. gkarlene50 profile image61
      gkarlene50posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that women can be very manipulative.  They want what they want, and when they get it, the don't want it anymore or it just isn't appealing to them anymore.  But here, they've damaged a good man.  This makes it harder for another women, who means well, to get close to him.

As for love or lust.  I heard an Apostle talk about people who were miserable in their marriage but are afraid to get a divorce claiming because of the marriage vows they took together.  The relationship is one of mental or physical abuse,low self esteem, and God knows how many more problems.  They may just be addicted to each other, or addicted to love,  and neither one of them wants to be the first to say goodbye.  So they are not happy and keep being abused.  Since so many had come to him broken because of a piece of paper saying they were married.  He included in a sermon, pointing out that "Some of you didn't get married in the name of Jesus; Uou got married in the name of lust.  You met a man at a club you get close and addicted to the sex or what they think is love, and the games began especialy with men.  Some women get all crazy because they found out their mate was cheating.  But all along, she was doing the same thing.  I relay that to the fact that a woman can do what she wants to do and never get caught.  On the other hand, a man is so eager to get what ever else he wants, and most of the time the woman he gets caught.  RELATINSHIPS!!

2. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Why write all the content of your hub in this thread ?? yikes yikes yikes

3. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

hmmmm----  All I have to say is, there are always red flags.  Its a matter of paying attention to them, and respond accordingly.  As for women being evil, No dear female bitches are!  A true Woman has no reason to exhibit evil unless it is called for!

1. whispers of faith profile image61
      whispers of faithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thank you for speaking up for us lol cause its true not all females are evil only the bitches are. i'm a good women looking for a good man. i know there are some out there but lately all i find are dogs.

4. profile image0
    LEWJposted 14 years ago

Sounds like it would have been better for Tom to take his mother's advice more seriously (SHE WAS DEAD RIGHT), discuss sexual matters with his mate more in depth, and persist with this approach until he was completely satisfied all was good.   
    Seems like a typical lust case to me.   Hard to call that outcome the result of genuine love.

No, all women are'nt evil, but he sure ran into one that helped him get that impression about HER.
    And I am by no means surprised that a woman could be at fault in this way.  Famous movies have been made about that, and it happens every day.  After all, women are mortal like men, and can be just as lustful and deceitful.
    Tom would do well to go on with his life, developing himself according to his talents, and being the wiser in the future.

5. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I agree, I hope he snaps out of it.  Don't let some stupid woman ruin your life. And he's still in college. He's way too young to make a lifetime commitment.

6. profile image0
    LEWJposted 14 years ago

A true point, Flightkeeper; most everybody's still growing mentally, socially, etc. at the college level.   That's a bit early for either a lot of heavy mental stuff or giving up the ghost on life and the opposite gender.       I'm reminded of the Beatles' breakup.  They'd met as juveniles, entered their 20s together, enjoyed their good times---then they started  "growing up"  in the sense of growing apart toward their individualities.  And they developed still more into their adulthood.
    So it's an ongoing process.   No cheers for Romeo and Juliette on this point.
    Neither thought to give the process a chance.
    Had either of them done so, they'd have lived on and probably had a great life together.
    Wonder where that would've left our friend Shakespeare, though....

7. humbledhomely profile image35
    humbledhomelyposted 14 years ago

As sad as it seems I'd slap Tom in the back of the head for this one.

You can't always just dive head in to things, especially as important as marriage and love.

I red the first paragraph and knew everything would go downhill.
    As other people mentioned, high school and college are the wrong times to indulge in these situations.

Then, he and her talked all the time. Not even face to face, but through text messages? That's not a good sign, and I think ole' Tom just loved the attention he was getting, and I think that's all he was getting >.0.

Tom needs to be smarter and more serious about his relationships, and I hope he rids himself of that misogynistic mindset

8. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

How many people should I forward this to in order to avoid something horrible happening to me?

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is too late.......... the Curse will take effect soon. It is a two part curse. Firstly; you will be swamped by Nigerian scammers.. and secondly; You will be made to spend 6 months in anti-anarchy rehab. (that will involve being nailed to a X)

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
        EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In retrospect, I can only blame myself. I should have immediatly forwarded that to my entire address book and said three Hail Marys, so that cool picture would appear on my screen and Microsoft would send me a check for $1,000.

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
        Dame Scribeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol PD, silly n a riot, lol

1. dejajolie profile image61
          dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, TOO FUNNY!

2. words cocktail profile image59
      words cocktailposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile..lol..i couldn't help laughing!!
      Such 'FWDness' smile

9. cr8ve1 profile image61
    cr8ve1posted 14 years ago

OMG!! I read this article, and was SHOCKED! It sounded too familiar! Scarily familiar! I got stupid TWICE, cuz I marred into that kind of mess..."Tom" got lucky cuz he didn't get to that point. I'm sorta miffed a bit though cuz the girl happened to have MY name in the article..hit too close to home, at least from the male point of view. Being a female, a bitch and evil all in turns, depending on who you ask..I feel for "Tom" and his predicament. I jumped in both feet first, not realizing it was extremely shallow water...oh well...broken legs healed, broken heart healed..head..........yeah....we're not going there! lol
    Great article!

10. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

You know, stuff happens. You fall in love, you fall out of love, and some people can love more than one at a time. Yeah, it hurts, but that is so you can learn to appreciate real love when you find it.

Don't be too hard on her, or yourself. Learn to accept it and move on.

11. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I don't understand why Tom just didn't get a refund on the engagement ring and blow the money on strippers and drinks.  He should've just gotten over it.

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! That's what I would have done!

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

PoppaB, I thought that's what most normal guys do.

1. profile image0
          Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The best way to get over a lover that broke your heart, is to get another lover!

12. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

It happened before, and it will happen again....these things are not new, we just have to move on and there is still life after this hard things......someone, somewhere out there is waiting for you...

13. Black Lilly profile image59
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

Such a normal everyday story...
    The guy dives into his own illusion, - can you blame someone for that? Guess no.
    And how could she possibly know what's going on in his mind, what he was planning?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)