jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is it that doing things that are irritating is so stinking funny to some peo

1. northweststarr profile image76
    northweststarrposted 6 years ago

Why is it that doing things that are irritating is so stinking funny to some people?

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

It just hits our funny bone in our body and our mind processing what it sees and then we laugh because it triggers whatever triggers our funny bone. Now if anyone can tell us what a funny bone is in a person because I do not know what it is. Now that is funny and I am laughing at myself now.

3. nick071438 profile image54
    nick071438posted 6 years ago

To you or to the doer of the action,  doing a thing may seem irritating.  Why?  It is clear that the doer may had had unpleasant experiences about the activity that doing or repeating the same irritates him.  Or personal factors like illness, poor health, poor environment, etc. greatly irritate one while performing a thing, but for other who are in the pink of health, full of life, gracious, and those who see nothing but hope and fulfillment even in a blade of a grass, accomplishing the same thing may not only be richly funny but truly rewarding.

Let me add the following ingredients to make the soup palatable:

11 Really Annoying yet funny things to say or do:

1.    Name your dog "Dog"
    2.    Reply what everyone says with "thats what YOU think"
    3.    Go to a McDonalds, take the tip jar, and run around, saying stupid things to try to get people to put tips in the jar. But don't let the staff get you. (made by John Breasly)
    4.    Learn Morse Code and have conversations consisting of "beep blop bliiiiiip boop"
    5.    Change channels five minutes before the end of every show
    6.    Decline to be seated at a restaurant, and simply eat their complimentary mints by the cash register
    7.    Buy a large quantity of orange traffic cones and reroute whole streets.
    8.    Stand over someone's shoulder, mumbling as they read
    9.    Hide in the bushes of your neighbors yard and blow a blow drier in their face whnever they walk by
    10.    Lie obviously about trivial things such as the time of day.
    11.    At a golf tournament, chant "swing-batabatabata-suhwing-batter!"

4. breathe2travel profile image82
    breathe2travelposted 6 years ago

You mean, like, oh, say, slinging gravel on a tailgater?  Just kidding!

Some people just don't have any sense of social skill or emotional intelligence.

5. northweststarr profile image76
    northweststarrposted 6 years ago

Hey, tailgating is irritating... That's just self-defense wink
    nick, I once had a dog named dead-dog (DD) is that irritating? I thought it was funny, long story... Ambassador, good job, if you can't laugh at or with yourself... you're doing something wrong.