Do you have adult children that live at your house? If so, do they tell you whe

1. Julip Manor profile image68
    Julip Manorposted 6 years ago

Do you have adult children that live at your house?  If so, do they tell you where they are going?

My adult child that lives at home while attending college comes and goes as she pleases.  She does not pay rent and I rarely see her.  I would love to know where she is......I would like to know if this is "normal"

2. sam3m profile image61
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

my son and grandson both live with my wife and i.  each tells us where they are going and when they expect to be back.  we've never asked that they do this, it seems to be just a matter of courtesy, especially in the evening, so we're not worried.  when my wife and i leave the house, we give them the same information.
    you might sit with your daughter and mention your concern and the courtesy aspect.

3. michelemacwrites profile image80
    michelemacwritesposted 6 years ago

I don't have adult children permanently living at home but they often visit and overnight or spend a few days at a time. We are usually aware where they are going and when they will be back.  I am quite a worrywart so I insist that they check in by cell phone (a little text message works magic).  I think it is the least a parent can ask regardless of the age of the child.

working