jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

When you argue or have a disagreement with your partner how does it get settled?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

When you argue or have a disagreement with your partner how does it get settled?

Do you yell and scream at each other or do you calmly discuss whatever it is you are fighting about?

2. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I sometimes shout when I'm angry but more often than not I am more silly than that and go very, very quiet. Nothing is discussed at this time because I don't say anything - I'm just too mad to speak. Eventually I do try and see the issue from another point of view and compromise whenever I can.

3. laidbacklady profile image78
    laidbackladyposted 6 years ago

It seems that with us, it never really does get settled until a long while later, sometimes months, sometimes even never.  I am the less argumentative of us and I will usually try and walk away, and he won't let me.  He has to keep at me and keep it going, all the while not really wanting to hear what I have to say--you know what I mean--you turn to speak and they cut you off mid-sentence and go off on another rant.  Finally I will do or say something to make him feel like a jerk, or more like just make him realize how close he's pushed me to the edge and then he'll back off for awhile.

Communication is our one big problem.  I would like to have calm discourse about the issues, he wants to place blame and sling mud.  Folks, without clear and honest communication, and without both parties being allowed to voice their side of the issue, there can be no compromise and no solution.

4. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

We both eventually realize that what we are arguing about has no affect on tomorrow. She usually laughs at me and we move on.

5. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 6 years ago

Pistols at 20 paces, if we both miss we stay together smile

6. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

were a pretty calm couple when we argue. it's rarely if ever over anything really important as we get along really well. then we have make-up sex which is why i don't mind fighting with her.

working